Fertin Pharma's history
Fertin Pharma was set up in 1978 as a Dandy Group subsidiary to undertake research and development into chewing gum as a drug delivery system, on the basis of Dandy's existing expertise.
Today, Fertin Pharma is a very successful company of the Bagger-Sorensen Group, and we conduct business on a global scale.
Milestones in the history of Fertin:
- 1915 Holger Sorensen founds Vejle Caramel- og Tabletfabrik - later renamed Dansk Tyggegummi Fabrik A/S
- 1927 The company's first chewing gum, "Vejle Tyggegummi", is introduced to the market
- 1939 The brand name Dandy appears for the first time
- 1972 Opening of the existing factory on Dandyvej, Vejle
- 1978 The Swedish company Fertin, known for their V6 chewing gum, is acquired by the Bagger-Sorensen Group
- 1996 Fertin Pharma initiates the production of nicotine chewing gum
- 2001 Fertin Pharma A/S is established as a subsidiary of Bagger-Sorensen & Co. A/S
- 2004 Opening of FDA-approved Fertin Pharma factory in Vejle
- 2011 Opening of Fertin R&D centre in Mumbai, India